AWS Connect CCP
Building out call centers on AWS, you learn a lot about opportunities for productivity enhancements! One of the first issues that we noted was that the standard Contact Control Panel or CCP, which is basically a WebRTC soft phone client, though very useful has many opportunities for improving the Agent experience. The list of request features is growing and as a result, we have taken on the development of a customizable AWS Connect Agent Dashboard![caption id="attachment_3040" align="alignleft" width="245"] Call DrVoIP for AWS Call Center migration assistance.[/caption] If your only introduction to AWS is Connect, their cloud based call center product, you have successfully created your first call center instance and you are now taking inbound phone calls! It was remarkably easy and with no real 'geek" training, most call center professionals were able to log in, setup an instance, organize a call flows, create agents and voice prompts, obtain a phone number an in a few hours, you were taking phone calls! Wow!
AWS Demo API'sDid you know that the Agent CCP is completely customizable? AWS provides a number of API's and Connect Streams that a software engineer can access toward the goal of building an Agent Dashboard with a set of features and tools that are unique to your call center environment. There is even a site you can log into and test some of the available API's. If you go to http://connectdemo.com and click on the "demo sites" you can see some examples of customized CCP, Click to Call, Screen Pops and other tasty code bits.
Agent StreamsWe note that there are many "connect streams" that a developer can tap to create their own version of CCP. The supervisor side, however is not as fully formed and there are not as many streams and API's available to support Supervisor requirements like real time queue and agent metrics. In fact we had to develop our own socket layer communication strategy to implement the features we envisioned in our dashboard. Recently we have discovered new and not readily available API for other AWS streams. Some are only available depending on your support contract status.
Agent Dashboard Feature SetThe list of functions and features that we have added to our CCP is still growing but we set a goal of making the dashboard painless! For example there is nothing to install. Our application needs to be added by your instance administrator as an application end point in the Connect dashboard. Once that is complete, the user just points at our portal and enters their instance name (you can even upload your own logo). The traditional AWS Connect CCP shows up and you login as normal. Once your credentials are established, you are then presented with the revised Agent Dashboard as shown below.
AWS Connect Dextr Agent Dashboard feature setMost folks have asked for a "team status" display. As an Agent I want to see the status of the other agents on my team. So the first attribute we added was just that, a team status display. Each agent has their own Activity List showing all of their calls both inbound and outbound. Next to each call is a link to hear the recording of that call. Supervisors can select all calls, but agents only see their own call recordings. Each Agent has a personal contact list with contacts that they have entered for their own use. This augments the "quick connects" that they system administrator had created. Here is the feature list:
- Nothing to install! Instant Access via https://go.dextr.com which has video instructions for on-boarding;
- Customizable Logo and YourCompany custom log-in URL;
- Role based Login (supervisor, agent, administrator)
- SAML support;
- Agent Team Status Display;
- Agent to Agent Chat
- Agent Call Activity with (click to return call);
- Directory System with Click to call;
- Help Button – Alert Supervisor;
- Queue Monitor - including calls in queue, max waiting time; optional red, yellow tags)
- Personal Recording; (permission option);
- Supervisor Permissions add: Login/Logout (change agent state) Monitor, coach and Barge in;
- All Recording search and play (see note 1 below);
- Real Time Metric review Report Generation
- Ability to set Holiday Schedules and "ad hoc" closings with new close prompt (think team meeting).
- Push Announcement String out to Agent Dashboard for alerts and other notices.
- Omni-Channel SMS/MMS enables test and pics to the next available agent
- Omni-Channel email routing to the next available agent
- "no headset" audible alert options for softphone